Priority Screaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Screaning?

Would someone care to explain what has gone on here?

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....gsearch=F-ONOU

These photos were taken yesterday as dated(May 29th) yet accepted ahead of all us Sydney Spotters who saw her 4 days before yet our photos are still in queue at the 2,000 mark or near abouts. I think everyone would agree with me who was there we deserve a little recodnition for the bad light we had yet this one gets accepted ahead of all of us. Its not even hot photo worthy so whats gone on? Also, whats up with the Similar Photo Uploaded rejection? Dont get me wrong they are nice photos but every JP Photographer in Sydney to get the first photos of her have all been ripped of.

They were accepted as hot photos as the uploader claimed it was the first Boeing 777-300ER in Air Austral's fleet. I'm sure it was not deception on his part and I didn't pick it.

I realise there is some strange race to get your shots up first however I am sure that if they are the same quality as the accepted ones you will get the same recognition.

Comment

Tim,
      You are right, this is clearly not hot and we're talking about it in the crew forum right now.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know mine wont be first in the database but its not fair for it to happen that way.

Comment

Tim, it has nothing to do with fairness, it was a mistake. I am sorry, but you just have to wait. The screeners are doing there best to get through the queue. Thank you for your patience.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
            I realise there is some strange race to get your shots up first however I am sure that if they are the same quality as the accepted ones you will get the same recognition.
            AJ,

dont quite understand why you say 'strange race' when you are one of the most prolific people at Sydney for getting hot shots of new liveries,ac and airlines at Sydney.

VH-OEB, Qantas first A380, OneWorld A332 EBL.

We all like to do it no doubt because it commands alot of views and we strive to achieve that, but also just the recognition of getting a photo on of a new scheme or whatever to be the first one or one of the few in the JP community.

Comment

I'm screening here since ... 5 or 6 years or so. Why I agree, that some screeners send emails with rather strong words at times, have never seen it "totally unjustified" as you say.

We as screeners get many mails and posts (search the forums!) asking the same questions "why has mine not been accepted as hot?" or "I want also a banner!" and so on. This all leads us to think, that there must be some kind of race for beeing the first uploader. For those amongst us, who still remember the slide times it's indeed a strange race.

And, just read this topic again! All the fuss over a wrongly accepted hot photo. If that isn't strange, I don't know what is.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I must be missing something...the link doesn't bring up anything.

I am going to make a comment on Matt's comment.

If there are repercussions because of this post, and likely there will be because of what ive seen with others who stand up to jp management for good reason- then so be it, but I'm just sick of this attitude of know all from a great number of the people here.

Ive recieved abusive emails after a rejection appeal I was not rude in and I think it was totally unjustified.
                Let me be blunt, if you're sick of things then leave, simple as that, and may I suggest you put your camera down and take a break from the hobby as well. Matt it's a hobby and if your getting that upset over things then you really should take a break from it. I'm not being sarcastic I'm being 100% serious. The minute I get sick of anything here on this site or others I'll leave, as I did with A.net. I'm not going to stress myself out over a hobby. A hobby is something you enjoy not something that ticks you off.

As for your comment about abusive emails, I really would love for you to post them or to send them to me. The word "abusive" really is highly subjective and short of someone telling you to flip off I don't think any abusive appeal messages are sent out. Not sure what you consider abusive but I sent you a message on a round of shots I just screened of yours. My message to you was "Matt what's up with the colors, all your shots have a yellow tint to them." Now if you find that abusive then you really must have thin skin. I'm not being rude, but there's something up with the colors..simple as that.

As for repercussions, trust me I think its safe to say that's just silly.

Comment

Anyways, Lets settle this by just aiming to maintain a cordial relationship between JP staff/screeners and uploaders.

Comment

Originally posted by matt loewy View Post
                    Tommy,

I dont mean you as the emails and you must be mistaken because ive never recieved that comment on yellow and I havent had photos screened for almost 2 weeks, so not sure if you have different person here?

Anyways, Lets settle this by just aiming to minimize these kind of errors and maintaining a cordial relationship between JP staff/screeners and uploaders.
                    eh maybe it was Tim. As for a minimizing these errors....I can't recall the last time this has happened so this isn't an issue.

Comment

Hello Matt, thank you for the 'babyish' comment.

I would like to think that every photo I upload as hot meets or exceeds all criteria for quality and data set by this site. I have been fortunate to see several 'hot' aircraft in my time. I do not sit on wireless access at the site to upload them, I always take my shots home and process them as I would any other shot. As a result I keep my rejection rate very low, as opposed to those who will continually upload the same frame over and over until it is accepted.

Some uploaders to the site do just that, a rushed attempt at tidying up the shot and then upload after upload to try get it accepted. We had about 10 attempts to get VH-EBL uploaded as hot by the same guy, all rejected and each one wasting the time of our screeners.

If you think I do the same thing you are sorely mistaken.
                      Last edited by AJ; 2009-05-31, 04:07.

Comment

AJ,

fair enough call mate and I concede you do upload excellent quality photos and no doubt your rejection rate is amongst the lowest- no one is doubting that mate.

I know the type of people your talking about who mass upload one hot shot with little chance of getting on and what you say is totally justified so were in total agreeance

It was just this matter I guess which got me a bit irate and just to prevent it from happening again was my main intention.

All peace and settled lets move on- and Tommy I dont plan to put down the camera anytime soon haha

Comment

No worries Matt.

So everyone knows the end result:
                          The photos were removed and the photographer notified.

Comment

So, a photo gets screened out of order by mistake, and it has to be removed so that some people don't get upset that they haven't "won the race" to get it on there first?

And I thought this was all about the interest of photography of aviation, not a petty game where people think they get kudos for being first.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                              No worries Matt.

So everyone knows the end result:
                              The photos were removed and the photographer notified.
                              Thanks for letting us know AJ.

Just to let everyone know and as previous poster has said about us being upset about them being accepted. I for one have nothing against Pascal, they were 2 photos which ordinarily would have been accepted and were of considerable quality. It was not his fault and we arent blaming him- the error occurred in the screening process somehow with the hot photo cat not withstanding to its usual merits and that was the issue.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X