• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO 276 EWR-RSW 8/25/03

FLIGHT-276
    DATE- 8/25/03
    AIRCRAFT- 737-3TO
    SEAT- 24F
    DEPATURE AIRPORT- Newark Liberty International (EWR)
    ARRIVAL AIRPORT- Southwest Florida International (RSW)
    SCHEDULED DEPARTURE- 11:55 AM
    DEPARTURE GATE- C93
    ACTUAL DEPARTURE- 11:53
    ACTUAL TIME WHEELS OFF GROUND- 12 Noon
    CRUISING ALTITUDE- 36,000
    SCHEDULED ARRIVAL- 2:50 PM
    ARRIVAL GATE- B2
    ACTUAL ARRIVAL- 2:45 PM
    ACTUAL TIME WHEELS ON GROUND- 2:40 PM

As I arrived at the airport at around 11 am, there was an average amount of traffic for a Monday morning. Check-In Was Very easy, as we did curbside check-in. The security disgusted me, though. Not the line, but the fact that the screeners didn't seem to be doing their jobs. They were not paying attention! That worried me a bit, but I moved on to gate C93, where the plane was already waiting. Remember that this plane was going to Florida, so it seemed like I was the only person there that was under the age of 65.

At approximately 11:35, the gate agent gets on the PA and announces the "courtesy boarding" for first class, young children, and people in wheelchairs. Unfortunately, the PA was broken and it became a bit of a free-for-all as the entire plane tried to board at the same time! Thank god that they got the PA working and restored order! Since I was sitting in the second to last row on the small plane, I got on right after the "courtesy bordees." It was a packed flight, and there were only 2 f/a's. Really bad music was playing in the cabin. Since I was on the right side of the plane which is the service side, I saw some bags being loaded. Once the baggage door was closed, another trolley comes with a Dell computer box (More to come on this later). As the ground power was disconnected, the music's pitch changed and dipped down. It was pretty funny. We were taxiing to Rwy 22R for an ontime departure. There were about 3 planes in front of us, but the line moved fast. As we turned on to the rwy, stopped for about 15 seconds. The takeoff was very smooth and we were on our way.

The flight attendants started serving food. It took forever to get to us, which was odd considering the size of the plane. I had a Dr. Pepper and they served us a mini-turkey sandwich, chips, and a s'mores bar. The sandwich was good, though a bit cold. The view out the window was beautiful. The clouds looked like a checker board.

We started our decent VERY far from RSW. The decent had to have been the slowest i've ever felt . RSW is a sleepy airport and no one was in front of us. As we turned from base to final, a baby started to cry just as the First Officer said, "flight attendants please be seated for arrival." We had a very slow final approach. When we touched down, very little reverse thrust was used (again ). When we got to the gate, it took forever for me to deplane. I looked out the window and saw the Dell being offloaded first......upside down! The supervisor yelled at the baggage handeler and my side of the plane laughed. As I got off the plane, I realized that this was an observation flight for the captain, as there were three people in the flight deck. That explains the very gentle handling of the plane. Baggage claim was easy.

LOOK FOR PART TWO COMING NEXT WEEK!

United Virtual Airlines. The Best VA Out There.

I used to fly this route twice yearly (although only for 2 years :P), I guess 2000 and 2001, back when they still used MD80's on this route...

I guess no1 cares lol...
    www.acairport.com

Comment

Working...
    X