Worst looking plane: Out of Airbus, Boeing and MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst looking plane: Out of Airbus, Boeing and MD

Ignoring planes like the guppy and other limited production planes out of Airbus (A300 to A380), Boeing (707 to 787) and MD (DC-9 to MD11), which plane do you reckon is the worst looking?

Just interested is all, lol.....

Mine would be the A310, especially shown in this pic:

[photoid=6426771]
    Last edited by AJ; 2008-12-02, 23:57. Reason: Thumbnail

The A310 was quite ugly i must say, it looked like its missing an entire front section. Though i've always hated the look of the a318-19-20-21 series. It is just so ugly, its too tall, its nose looks squashed and its wiglets are odd too. Not to mention that the nose gear is deformed too (facing forwards).

By far the sexiest aircraft is the 747, it looks so angry. And the new series 737's.
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

I have no problem with the A319/320/321, but the A318 always strikes me as just ridiculous visually.

I am none too keen on the 757-300 either. Over-stretched.

Comment

For me the A310 and 767-series don't do much for me. Mainly the A310 though.

The 757 and A318/19/20/21 are rather good looking in my opinion with my favorite being either the 752 or 744.

-Chris

Comment

I can't really think of one that's particularly repulsive, but I don't care for the whole A318-A321 line since they all look the same. But whatever, looks aren't what's important for them.

Comment

The 757 as well, i really do not like it. Too tall for such a thin body. I think thats why i don't like the Concorde either.
            There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Oh come on, you have happened to leave out some of the worst offenders (the RJ producers - of which the stubby CRJ-200 must be praised as the most hideous!).

Yet, to promptly respond I must admit that from Airbus - by far, the A380 (in it's current version) is HIDEOUS!!! The A340-500 looks awkward at times. But, by far the A330-200 is one of (if not the most) graceful aircraft ever produced.

As for Boeing - I concur that the 757-300 is overstretched, and the 767-200 is quite stubby. But, by far - there are few ugly designs from Boeing.

As for MD - I can say that the ugliest aircraft produced would have to have been the DC-10 (and I will admit that the DC-10, by no means, was an ugly aircraft). They were a bit daring, and that was a product of their times - but when compared to the MD-11, then the DC-10 seems a bit uncouth.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                Oh come on, you have happened to leave out some of the worst offenders (the RJ producers - of which the stubby CRJ-200 must be praised as the most hideous!).

Yet, to promptly respond I must admit that from Airbus - by far, the A380 (in it's current version) is HIDEOUS!!! The A340-500 looks awkward at times. But, by far the A330-200 is one of (if not the most) graceful aircraft ever produced.

As for Boeing - I concur that the 757-300 is overstretched, and the 767-200 is quite stubby. But, by far - there are few ugly designs from Boeing.

As for MD - I can say that the ugliest aircraft produced would have to have been the DC-10 (and I will admit that the DC-10, by no means, was an ugly aircraft). They were a bit daring, and that was a product of their times - but when compared to the MD-11, then the DC-10 seems a bit uncouth.
                Interesting, I would say that the 757-200 is the most beautiful. The DC-10 is ok, but come-on the a340 line up is awful, I only really like the a340-500 because it looks in preportion.

Comment

The two planes that annoy me are the A310, its like the fat cousin of the A300, and the L1011 I don't really like the tail or the front of it. If you are talking about my favourite airbus plane it would have to be the A319 or A320, really I would prefer the 767-300 or 77W, or the Embrear 190.

Nehal

Comment

I don't like the 757-300, it's stretch too long, that was poor decision on Boeing's behalf. Airbus, obviously the A310, why Airbus made it, idk, it's ugly. The DC-9s, ughhh, why are they still in service.

I like the 767-400 in DL colors, it looks really nice. Airbus, the A380, it's big and amazing. The MD-11 in old DL colors is one of my favorite aircrafts of all time, second to the L1011 in DL colors.
                    what ever happens......happens

Comment

I really don't like the A318, to me that aircraft is the only one really ugly, it's disproportionate!than I don't love A319, and A310...I definitely prefer Boeing, especially the triple and jumbo....

Comment

Originally posted by benpaul12 View Post
                        Interesting, I would say that the 757-200 is the most beautiful. The DC-10 is ok, but come-on the a340 line up is awful, I only really like the a340-500 because it looks in preportion.
                        Yeah I concur. I love all 757 series. That A380 is just a beast of a looking thing. I would have to say that the 727 was a great looking bird too.

Comment

I think the oddest looking aircraft has to be the 747-SP. It just...well...it just doesn't look right !

Embraer have to take the prize for the sleekest looking range of aircraft with its 170-190 series.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

My Top 5 in the horror gallery

the ugly bottomed Tristar
                            the mega stretched 777-300
                            the too high finned A318
                            the CRJ700
                            and stable member 900
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by benpaul12 View Post
                              Ok, you have me. I really did a grave mistake in forgetting the 757-200. To be honest, the 757-200 with winglets is sleek, but even in it's original version the 757-200 is quite fantastic. As for the A340-500 - I as recently looking through more pics and the A340-600 really is simply ugly. Now, one of the greatest offenders in this whole debacle was not discussed. Realistically - the L1011 was a hideous aircraft!!!
                              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X