X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustim cartoon

What the people doing?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...oon/index.html

Just a a reason for The Arab world to scream "Racist" and threaten to Kill people, Its what they do best...

Comment

oh please, not here too...

A lot of muslim countries are enraged that a danish news paper, Jyllands Posted, posted 12 cartoons of the Prophet, muhammed. Not only did they depict him, they pictured him as a terrorist and a babarian- and naturally, muslims got mad...

Several muslim countries are now demanding that the danish government, even the POPE apologize, which of course isn't going to happen... first of all, it was a NEWSPAPER, not DENMARK that posted the drawings and secondly, we have freedom of speech in this country- everyone can say what they want. If the government bent down and apologized, it would tell everyone that a) Islam can dictate what we're supposed to do and not do in denmark and b) tell everyone that we don't believe in freedom of speech...

So this has turned into one big mess... denmark is refusing to apologize and muslim extremists are taking this further and further, continuously threatening that they will attack denmark while burning danish flags.. also, a lot of muslim countries have placed a boycot on danish products (hence the "Buy Danish" campaign).

Also, other countries have started publishing the cartoons... doesn't really make it better.

Comment

I'd say muslims have the right to be mad, the cartoon sounds stupid. But I do agree that burning down embassies takes it a few steps too far.

Comment

This is careless oversight on the part of one newspaper, and over sensitivity and reaction of a group. Other countries start publishing them for some foolish idea of "solidarity for the freedom of speech", while the "group" of people got the rest of the Muslim masses riled up. The fact is most of the protesting Muslims have never even seen the cartoons. It is the case of another blown up silly issue

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
            I'd say muslims have the right to be mad, the cartoon sounds stupid. But I do agree that burning down embassies takes it a few steps too far.
            I agree, i hate cartoons when i was 9.
            Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz
              Just a a reason for The Arab world to scream "Racist" and threaten to Kill people, Its what they do best...
              I like her thinking!

Judge for yourself about some of these "people":

all because of this cartoon?

I've seen worse cartoons of Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon hell even our own gov here in Ohio wanna see that?

Do I burn buildings like its my job? NO

See below of examples of cartoons!

or even the Pope!

Comment

Again serious issues like this are always directly related to religion. If people would just replace their faiths with an education the world would be much more peaceful. People just need to stop using god as their personal security blanket and live life for what it is, keeping things real.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                  Again serious issues like this are always directly related to religion. If people would just replace their faiths with an education the world would be much more peaceful. People just need to stop using god as their personal security blanket and live life for what it is, keeping things real.
                  The problem is that people whore out their religion to others instead of keeping it a personal matter that they pursue as an individual. I'm more religious than not, but I don't cheerlead my faith and I take what others say about my beliefs with a grain of salt.

Comment

It's a cartoon published by a newspaper. They should get over it.

And what do they believe killing people over it will solve, it'll just piss more people off. I agree with M-man, people take religion to seriously, especially those shitting their pants over a bloody cartoon.

Comment

All I know is that if it had been a U.S. paper who published same cartoons, the entire world would be up in arms against us...

Comment

damn do I hate when people over react to stupid ****. If it really pisses you off, voice your opinion, but then chill the hell out. Turning to violence is going to do nothing but reinforce the stereotype depicted in the comic.
                        Last edited by screaming_emu; 2006-02-05, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          damn do I hate when people over react to stupid ****. If it really pisses you off, voice your opinion, but then chill the hell out. Turning to violence is going to do nothing but reinforce the stereotype depicted in the comic.

Loved the paper this morning.

The head of Paris' largest Mosque saying "Freedom of Speech should not include freedom of lies. The prophet muhhamad did not create a religion of violence and terrorism, he created a peacefull religion"

and four lines later...

"Muslim militant groups said they would kidnap civilians and target the press with terrorist attacks in retaliation for the caricatures"

I lol'ed.

Comment

Is Islam the only religion these days with "militant groups"?

Comment

Here's my thing...I understand that most muslims are peaceful people. But to those who are out there who may be reading this, it might not hurt to be a bit more outspoken about your true beliefs. Those who hijack your religion and turn it into something its not are making a really bad name for the rest of you. If I was in your shoes I would be very quick to say "whoa, hold on....those guys are full of crap, most of us aren't like that."

With that being said, if somebody made a similar cartoon about Jesus, there would certainly be a rather vocal minority of people here in the US that would blow their top.

Comment

Working...
                              X